December 2013

PADI being sued over bad air diving death
The family of a woman who died in Cabo San Lucas allegedly from lethal levels of carbon monoxide in her scuba tank is suing PADI, accusing PADI of inadequately covering precautions against carbon monoxide, which is taste- and odorless. It seems questionable to us that PADI should be sued over this, but having had firsthand experience with bad scuba tank air in Mexico and the lack of response after reporting it, ScubaDiverInfo supports stricter testing and procedural regulations. [See article on CBCnews] -- Posted Wednesday, December 18, 2013 by chb